Saturday, August 11, 2007

The countdown has begun...

In exactly one month, I will have taken my first grad school class. Today I have mixed emotions about it. I’m excited, nervous, thinking what exactly have I done? Will this really pay-off? What awaits me? What is I get in and realize I want to do something totally different with my life, then what happens? I guess a month from now I will know what I really got myself into. The reality is, it may be years from now before I really know the answers to these questions, but hey such is life!

I have friends that are in grad school or professional school, hey my little brother is getting his PhD- God bless him, and I guess heading in everyone starts out on the same path. It takes a year or more just to get your self together and apply, you have to determine if you want to go full-time, part-time, relocate, online classes, etc. Once you get through that, then you have to visit schools, study for THE TEST, interview, write and re-write essays, pay those application fees and then wait. The waiting kills you, but then you get in and everything is great!

Then you begin the process of figuring out "how am I are going to do this?" For those like me who have been out of college longer than the 4 years they were in, you have to remind yourself to let your old habits die. No more studying at the last minute, deciding whether or not you want to go to class, partying late and sleeping in. At this point everyone is telling you “you are an adult and need to act like one”, so it begins!

I created this blog to help all my folks out there that are deciding whether they need to “go back to school”, and everything it entails from info sessions, test prep, interview tips, financing, and once your in all that is at your finger tips!

Good luck to all those trying to make that decision, hope this help!