Sunday, September 9, 2007

The marathon has begun...

So after two days of orientation the one thing I know for sure is that this will be a long process. I’m excited though. I have met a great group of people and I think this will be a wonderful experience. I’m taking two classes this semester and the group that I have, it seems like we will work well together. Before orientation we had to complete a Birkman assessment and it is used to place us in group, teach us about our strengths and weaknesses and how to deal with the behaviors that drive them. I think this will play a big role in my professional and academic careers. I recommend taking one.

The first day of orientation was pretty standard, group and individual photos, meet and greet sessions, talking to financial aid, getting a first look at classes with our professors. It was a long day and was tired when it was over, but it was usual. The second day however, was a surprise. I do not like being in “nature” and we had to be at the school at 7am to go to the north Georgia mountains to do a ropes course. I have to admit it was awesome. We had a really good time and worked well as a team to accomplish some of the tasks. I guess that is kinda how this whole process will be, me stepping outside my comfort zone and doing things I’m not used to.